Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Italian Sausage, Spinach & Red Pepper Quiche


Italian Sausage, Spinach & Red Pepper Quiche
This was my first, ever. I'm surprising a co-worker who loves to eat by taking her a quiche tomorrow. I decided to make two so I could have a taste to make sure that my maiden voyage to Quiche Land was successful. Well, they didn't turn out perfectly, but I think I did a pretty good job, especially considering I made the crust from scratch. Seems my oven is a bit hotter than the numbers on the dial indicate, but I'll figure it out pretty soon.

Italian Sausage, Spinach & Red Pepper Quiche
I found a couple of recipes on Epicurious, and as usual, I kinda-sorta did my own thing. I actually combined two recipes and winged it the rest of the way. I'm not good at writing things down when I'm cooking, but I'm going to work on my recipe writing skills. Recipe to follow.

tags :: : : : : :

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:45:00 AM, Blogger Miss Rachel said...

That looks so ummy! I love quiche and used to make them a lot from the quiche "formula" in Mollie Katzen's Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook.

The pictures here are beautiful you know. It looks as if you are eating well - both health-wise and delicious-wise.

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Morris said...

that looks to die for!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:47:00 PM, Anonymous Mixed Masala said...

Hey Miss Rachel!

Thanks! Glad you like the photos. I'm just getting into food photography so I have a LOT to learn yet. As for eating healthy, I'm not so sure, but I'm certainly enjoying the "learning to cook" journey.

I love quiche, too. Though this is my first ever attempt, I've been eating it for over 15 years now. Hmmm, I'll have to check out Mollie Katzen.

Hi Morris!

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked what you saw, but I'm not so sure about the "to die for" part. I'm not that good, yet!LOL

 
At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a quiche kind of guy but this I would have to try, it looks to good to pass on.

HAM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home